Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Last Email from the CCM (week 5)

My oh my this has been a busy week. I love the CCM so much but I cant wait until I get to go to Iquitos. My knee is feeling a billion times better this week. I was worried about it on Friday because we were going prostelying on Saturday but I woke up on Saturday and my knee wasnt hurting at all. It was a MIRACLE. I know its because of everyone´s thoughts and prayers being sent my way so thank you! Ill still take it easy, but Im glad that it doesnt hurt anymore. Prostelyting on Saturday was such a wonderful experience. It wass my first and last time teaching the people of Lima, Peru. Our companionship got to go with Hermana Williams, an hermana who has been here for 14 months, and do some street contacting. The people of Lima are so kind and open to hearing about religion. It was so much fun talking to them! We literally walked up to people and said in spanish "Can we give you a card about Jesus?" And they would just always accept and we´d get to teach them about the LDS church. It made me so happy that they were so willing to listen. At the end of talking to people, the women would always give us a peruvian goodbye which is a kiss on the cheek and a hug. I love how kind people are here and I hear that theyre even more so in Iquitos.
>
> The city of Lima is really interesting. The traffic is horrible and they dont have very many laws about driving and on top of that people start crossing the road whwnever they want to so things are pretty crazy. There are a ton of dogs in Lima, most of them are nice but there are a lot that arent. Its really dusty, and it has a distinct smell that I really cant explain. All of the houses are really close to eachother its hard to tell the difference from the houses and the shops. We had a chance to teach Gerrson (a real investigator) in his home and it was so fun. I cant wait until I get to do that all the tiime.
>
> My favorite experience this week was sharing the gospel with a woma nat the park. Hermana Bergsma and I talked to her about the book of mormon and she was really interested and we gave one to her. I was so happy that us new missionaries who dont know very much of the language were able to share something so special with her. We walked away after talking to her and I had the feeling to look back and when I looked... she was reading it!! It made my heart smile so big. I love being a missionary and I hope I can have more moments like this on my mission.
>
> I also want to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon again. I know I did a little last week but I just finished it again this week and its amazing. I know that it is true. I know that it was translated by joseph smith so that we can have the fullness of the gospel on the earth. I know that it can answer all of our questions and that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon and prayes to know if its true WILL gain a testimony that this church is true.
>
> Thank you all for your sweet and uplifting emails. I love to hear about how things are going even if I cant respond. Keep praying and working hard and everything will work out how its supposed to. If ive learned anything from the CCM its that.
>
> Con Amor,
> Hermana Toponce
>








No comments:

Post a Comment