Monday, November 20, 2017

Homeless

Once upon a time we are now living with the other Sisters in Tarapoto, because we cant live in our house. This week we were enjoying our time during our morning personal study when I heard someone calling to us from outside of our window. It was a strange man without shoes and he was looking directly into our third floor apartment signalling us to come down. We shut the window, and kept studing and then we got a phonecall from the lady that owns the apartment saying that there was a man who wanted to talk to the Gringa (white girl) on the third floor and she asked if we knew him. He then tried to get in the building a different way and they had to tell him to leave. After this lovely experience we called our zone leaders and they told us that we can no longer live in this apartment. We are now looking for a new house, but I am so grateful that no one let him in to the apartment comlex! So many crazy things happen here! But, were safe and healthy so all is well. 
This week we went to a castle for Pday! A real castle! It was super pretty and fun do see something different for Pday. We went with our whole zone and took a bunch of pictures. I absolutely loved it. Ive decided that were going to live in the castle for a while haha. 
All of Peru was united to watch soccer this week. It was so interesting that everyone was wearing red and white and celebrating when there was a soccer game but for the national holiday of peru hardly anyone celebrated. Oh soccer. At least they won :) 
Were going to have another baptism!!!! Im so excited. The son of our recent convert Flor has accepted to be baptised and he will be having his baptism in the beginning of december. He is so happy and he wants to be baptised so that he can rcieve the priesthood and help his family. It was so special to hear his desire to be baptised. 
I love this missin so much. I am learning and growing every day and I know that missionaries ar protected and guided in this work. I know that the gospel has been restored and that it really truly does bless families. I am so grateful for all of the people who have helped me to be here so that I can teach the gospel. Thank you, thank you, thank you. They dont celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I want you all to know how grateful I am for all of you and for this time I have to share the restored gospel. Have a lovely Thanksgiving!!
Con MUCHO amor y gratitud, 
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment