Monday, November 6, 2017

Woooah We´re Halfway There

Hello, Hello! 
I officially have 9 months left of my mission and I cant even believe it. This week has been such a good way to celebrate my halfway mark of the mission.
First off, Flor got baptised! It was such a special day and she asked me to sing a hymn for her baptism. She cried, snd the spirit was so strong. We also had a few investigators come to her baptism who are preparing to be baptsied. I love having the chance to teach them and help them make this sacred covenant. 
For my nine months in the mission I had a few goals. I wanted to read the whole book of mormon in spanish and I wanted to get my "Maestros del Evangelio" ( an award that is kind of like personal progress of the mission that people usually get at the end.) and i am super happy to say that I met both of my goals! I LOVED reading the book of mormon in a different language and I know that it is true. It strengthened my testimony so much that no matter what language we´re speaking, the gospel of Jesus Christ will always be true! 
My Pensionistas brother was killed this week in a scary shooting at his work and the branch is super sad about it. He was a member of the church and he has such a beautiful family. We got to her house right when she got the news and we offered a prayer with her to bring comfort. We felt the spirit so strongly and knew that everything would be okay. I felt o bad for her and her family. 
I know without a doubt that families can be together forever thanks to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. When we make covenants with God and keep covenants, we will recieve blessings. I love this chance to help people prepare to have eternal families and teach them the restored gospel. I cant believe I only get to do this full time for 9 more months! Time flies. I love you all and hope you have a great week and remember the importance of keeping your covenants :)
Con Amor,
Hermana Toponce

No comments:

Post a Comment