Monday, December 11, 2017

Double digits

I have hit double digits in the number of months I have been in the mission! 10 MONTHS!!! I am starting to feel old a little. For my ten months, we had divisions and I got to work with my trainer Hermana Kachkachian again. It was so great! We got to share our mission experiences, and see all of the things we have learned since weve been companions. I loved having a chance to see how much weve grown. I have seriously changed so much, but I know that its a really good change! She said that Im ready to train now, and it was a really nice compliment from her. :)

I ate hamster (or guinea pig I dont remember the difference) this week and it was delicious. My pensionista and my companion couldnt believe that I was okay eating it because all of the other North Americans freak out. I thought it was awesome! I did feel a little bad because its a pet in the united states, but so is turtle and Ive eaten turtle too. Haha! 

We had our Christmas Conference this week and all four of the Zones that are here in Tarapoto got together with President LI and Hermana Li. It was amazing! We sang christmas hymns, and christmas songs, and acted out different scripture stories and everyone was so happy. They caatered a lovely christmas dinner for us and we ate a ton, and then we ate fruitcake and hot chocolate! I was so full. I loved being able to celebrate my favorite time of year with all of the missionaries and remember how important our job of teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ is. I hope you can all remember to keep Christ in christmas this year as you all celebrate with your families :) 

We taught a man named Hans this week who is recovering from a motercylce accident and we were directed to his home just when he needed to hear from us. He was really sad because God had saved his life, but he didnt know how to repay God. I loved being able to teach him how living the gospel can help him show God his love. It was such a special lesson and I know we where where we needed to be! I love teaching the restored gospel. It seriously changes lives and brings hope to those in need.

I know that this gospel is so true. I know that it has been restored so that we can live with God again. Please dont forget to share the best gift of all this Christmas, the gospel, with all of those you love!

(It started raining out of nowhere and the internet was slow again.... no photos...)

Con Amor, 


Hermana Toponce

she sent the pictures the next week that went with this post





No comments:

Post a Comment