Monday, December 18, 2017

Hot Sun and Hot Chocolate

Well this week we got the sad news that Piter wont be getting baptised this week. He needs some more time to prepare. We were really dissapointed about it, but I know that everything will work out how it is supposed too! Were just going to keep preparing him for his baptism. 
I have been teaching my companioin the 12 days of christmas song and she loves it! Its helping her learn english and a new christmas song. haha. She taught me one called ven a mi casa este navidad and I love it. It will definitly be one I listen to after my mission. 
One of my families got married and baptised in Iquitos and I am so happy!! Lila and Jairo. We found them and taught them and I wasnt able to be there for their baptism but I am still so happy. The gospel is so wonderful and it has changed them a lot. :)
There were two funerals in our branch this week and we spent alot of the week serving the families and giving them some comfort. We went and sang some hymns with them and drank hot chocolate and it was a great way to bring the spirit into their homes. I felt so sad for them especially at this time of year, but we had a great chance to share our testimonies of the plan of salvation. I know without a doubt that families can be together forever and its one of my favorite things to share with the people here!
This week while we were working and no one was home we found a Caimito tree. Caiminto is a fruit that has a nickname la fruta de los enamorados. (Lovers fruit) because when you eat it your lips get super sticky haha. and we used our lunchtime picking fruit off of the tree. I love fruit from the jungle!!!
I am loving my christmas time here in my favorite area, and I am so grateful for all of your sweet emails for christmas. I hope you all have a fantastic week and remember those who need a little love this Christmastime. 
Warm hugs from Peru, 
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment