Monday, December 4, 2017

Iluminar el Mundo (Light The World)

Transfers have come and gone and I am happy to say that I am still in Tarapoto! My companion is still hermana Quispe and we are loving this area and all of the people here so we were so happy that we get to stay here! This makes three and a half transfers with the same companion... 5 months!! I cant believe it but I am super grateful to be her companion because we get along really well and we teach really well too! Im learning a lot here in the mission. Especially how to love people for who they are. Everyday we meet new people and loving them is so important so they can feel our Saviors love when we teach them. The gift of charity is so beautiful especially this time of year! 
Im super excited for the light the world challenge because we as missionaries are doing it too and it is helping us to find new poeple to teach. This week taught a sweet Sister named Maria and we sung christmas hymns for her and her family and she said she felt the spirit of christmas so strongly in her home. I love this time of year and being a missionary I get the chance to share the true meaning of christmas with people every day!!!! 
Here in peru everyone loves christmas and they are all putting up their lights, the only big difference is that there isnt any snow and it feels like were celebrating christmas in July! One thing that people do here to celebrate is eat Paneton (fruitcake) and drink Chocolatada (Hot chocolate) and I already know Im going to have a full belly all of December! haha!
I am a lot healthier now and this week weve been able to work like normal again! Im so happy about it, the only not so happy thing is that Piter said that he isnt so sure about being baptised anymore and it broke our hearts a little, we are praying that he can recieve an answer again and be baptised this month!! 
I hope you all loved the christmas devotional as much as I did and remember the three gifts you can all five this season, Love, Service, and Forgiveness :)
Thank you all for your prayers, you are in mine!
Con amor, 
Hermana Toponce





No comments:

Post a Comment