Monday, March 12, 2018

Let the Holy Spirit Guide

I have 13 months in the mission! Time is flying by and I want it to go a little slower. There is so much left to do still before I finish my mission. I think being with a companion that is about to end is making me realize how fast it all goes. I just want to give it my all before August!! 
This week has been a really spiritual one for me. I felt like a lot of my decisions were guided by the spirit and it was the best feeling ever. I love when I have weeks like this. The spirit helped us to find a sweet lady named Ludith this week and we helped her to make lunch and met her family and they want to keep learning! I was so happy. We found them when we were walking down a new street and my comp said, which house! I felt so strongly to knock on their door and she did too and I think we have found a golden family! 
We also were guided to stop teaching an investigator named Nilda. She is a great person and she likes to listen to us, but she doesnt keep her commintments and we were losing time... we went into the lesson not knowing if we should keep teaching her at this time and the spirit told both of us that we were only there to plant the seed and later other missionaries will find her. It made us both sad, but also really happy that we will now be able to find those that are ready. 
The most crazy this week is that I gave a talk in sacrament meeting thi sweek. I am in a ward with about 220 active members and the sister who was supposed to speak didnt show up and somehow the Bishop felt that he should ask me to speak. He asked me right before they said the sacrament prayer so I didnt have time to prepare but I felt that the spirit would guide me and give me the words that I need. I gave my ten minute talk and I didnt feel like I was speaking, but I knew the words were right. I spoke about the Book of Mormon and when sacrament meeting finished a lot of people told me that it was a great talk. I was so glad to have the chance to share my testimony with everyone and that the spirit guided my words, and the bishop to ask me to speak. Such a sweet experience!
I know that the spirit guides us and that if we listen to it we will have success and we will do the Lords will. 
I love oyu all! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. they help a ton!
Con amor, 
Hermana Toponce
(Lo siento... no fotos...)

No comments:

Post a Comment