Monday, March 19, 2018

Who's on the Lord's Side?

What a good week. Wills got baptised and it was such a beautiful baptism. Everyone was so happy! His whole family came to support him and wills was literally so happy that he dove into the baptisimal font! (Like literally he wanted to go in head first instead of meing pushed back... it was pretty funny) his testimony after his baptism was so sweet. He expressed his gratitude for us and then for his savior jesus christ. It was such a short but sincere testimony. It made me cry! I am SO HAPPY for him and this decision that he made. 
Raul came to the baptism too and he is telling everyone that he is getting baptised next saturday! Literally everyone! He is so excited. This week he told us that we are his angels because we braught the gospel into his home. Im so happy for him. I literally cant wait for Saturday!
It has been raining so much her that when I walk my boots get covered in mud and it makes it hard to walk because it weighs a ton! Im getting a lot stronger here in the jungle. haha! Everyone is always suprised that we show up to teach them even when its pouring outside. 
The rain is making the rivers grom and everyone is telling mermaid stories. Literally everyone here believes in mermaids so they must exist! I have heard to many people talking about them. Maybe Ill have my own mermaid story to tel next week ;) 
My zone is about to break a record for the most baptisms in a month and were super excited!! 35!! I am praying that all of the baptism will come together how they should. Its amazing to see how faith and obedience can bring miracles. 
In our gospel principles class this week we tlaked about Jesus Christ and our teacher made and example that made me think a lot he said, If I had 100 dollars and offered it to all of you everyone would run for it, but when I say I have the way to eternal life, everyone will stay in their seats. Why is that? It got me thinking a lot about how I feel in the mission. It is so easy to recieve eternal life, sometimes I dont know why people dont run up to us asking to be baptised! Jesus Christ made it possible to have eternal life and all we have to do is follow Him. Just follow! I know that He lives. I know that His gospel has been rstored and I know that it is the way to eternal life. 
I hope you all have a great week! 
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce





No comments:

Post a Comment