Monday, March 12, 2018

Go Forward With Faith

This last pday while we were shopping at a market, we found a hidden river town and it was stinking beautiful! We just had to take pictures. These floating houses are my favorite because in the dry seasons of the year they are super tall and you  have to climp up makeshift ladders to get to them and then when the river grows the people make bridges and use boats to get to their front door. So awesome! I love my mission.
MY companion went to Iquitos this week and I worked with Sister GOmez and Sister Melchor and while I was in their area I was sitting on the floor studying and behind me there was the biggest tarantula I have ever seen!!!! Hermana Gomez looked at me and screamed, and it turns out there was a giant spider that wanted to eat me. We ran to the little shop next door to buy some spider spray to kill it and it just made the spider angry!! Luckily Hermaa Melchor had a broom and saved us... Scariest mission moment by far!
 Then the next day while we were eating lunch there were some ladies yelling at eachother outside, and then one lady hit the other with a wrench and the one who got hit started punching the other and shoved her through the door right in front of me! I thought I was going to get punched and I said a prayer in my heart that there would be peace and literally right after saying amen everything calmed down. It was amazing! The other sisters are convinced that everytime Im around something crazy happens. Luckily we are all safe :)
Our investigators are doing great! Wills has a date for the 17th of March that is set in stone! His family is super excited and its on his cousins birthday and his cousin is going to baptise him. Raul is so close to accepting a date... he just wants to see a baptism first! But I have a lot of faith that he will ba baptised on the 17th too. Karina is ignoring us... she was supposed to ba baptised this week but we dont know what happened... and we have another sweet girl named Kassandra who will be baptised onb the 23rd! 
I have loved this week. It went by sooo fast, but I have loved seeing Gods hand in every moment. I know that if we have faith and work hard God willmprotect us and will guide us. 
I love all of you and I hope you have an amazing week!!! Go forward with faith! :)
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment