Monday, June 18, 2018

Happy Father's Day

So this week had a lot of random things that happened. It was an interesting one! 
It started out by saying goodbye to my Peruvian parents. Victor and Nieves. They have become some of my very favorite people. I was sad to say bye to them, but we had a super sweet family home evening to share our testimonies. Its crazy how often people just move here! I come to love them and then they just leave! The mission is full of see you laters. 
The second thing that happened is we had our District Meting in english and it was crazy. All of the Latinos were really struggling and it made me think of how I felt at the beginning of the mission when I didnt understand anything people were saying! My companion sait that she had a heaadache from so much english! It was great thought because it was a chance for them to use everything theyve learned in their language study! Learning languages is so amazing. I am so grateful that I was blessed with the chance to learn spanish. It is one of the hardest things I have done in my whole life, but I know its going to help so much after the mission too!
My companion had to leave again this week and I stayed with the other sisters here. Our areas are really far from eachother so I just had to work with them and we lost a lot of work time in our area. It made me sad becasue I felt like we werent going to reach all of our goals. When my companion got back we decided to fast together, and we were able to find golden families and have people come to church!! It was a miracle. 
On the day we were fasting we had a member ride up to us and I felt like asking her who she was visiting. She told us it was her friend Jhon and we went straight to go find Jhon. We found him and his whole family and they were som happy to listen to the gospel! It is seriously amazing the power that fasting brings. I loved this experience this week. 
I also read a talk by L. Tom Perry this week from general conference October 2014 about the plan of salvation and it talked a lot about how much Dads do in Gods plan. I loved it and you should all read it. dads are awesome, and I sure love mine!!
I hope oyu all have a fantastic week. Look for all of the little miracles because there are so many everyday!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce 



No comments:

Post a Comment