Monday, June 25, 2018

El Fin Se Acerca

So I am oficially starting my last transfer of the mission and I realized how fast time is flying bye! My friends are getting home this week and I still feel like I just got here.
CRAZY!!!! 
Lots of fun things happened this week and Im sending pictures because I am finally using  a good computer. haha! Enjoy. 
This week the people here in the peruvian jungle celebrated their favorit holiday of San Juan. They celebrate by making Juanes (Bals of chicken and rice) and swimming! Since we cant do  the latter we learned how to make juanes and it was so fun! I feel like Ive just gotten so used to cooking jungle style (with a capfire) tha I wont know how to use an oven when I get back! 
Gloria got baptised!!!! We didnt teach her, but she is a friend of Osler and KArinas and she sat by us every sunday at church and she asked me to speak at her baptism! I was so happy to! It was a sweet saturday and we are so proud of her!! 
We ad to say bye to a lot of people this week becaue Im about 99% sure I am going to be transfered. I was sure to get a picture wit Karina and Osler and their family before I go because I am going to miss them tons! They have changed my life!! I want to come to peru again when they go through the temple!!! 
I also really felt like eating smores because I havent eaten them in a year and a half so my companion and I went to thelittle corner store and used candles to roast smores! It was fun, and it was the first time she had ever tried smores!!! I love teaching my companions fun little american treats!
I have been pondering a lot as im entering my last few weeks of the mission and I just want to share all of my testimony with everyone! I dont want to waste a minute of my precious time left here. I was studying about Abinidai and also the last week of Christs life, and it amazed me that even when they knew their time on earth was coming to a close, they used every ounce of their time to share the gospel and help people be saved! It was a really special  study that I had because I know that Heavenly Father wants me to do the same! 
I love the scriptures that help us to recieve personal revelation. I love the restored Gospel, and I love being a missionary!!! If any of you are thinking about going on a mission do it!!! You will not regret it!
I love oyu all!! HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!!!!
Con amor, 
Hermana Toponce









No comments:

Post a Comment