Monday, August 14, 2017

I'm in a trio again haha!

Again this week has been a little crazy but as great as ever. This monday we went to a jungle paradise named Quistacocha its a zoo and after walking through the zoo theres a beach and its so pretty. After the mission I want to come back again so that I can swim too. ;) It was super nice to have a relaxing pday and we got to ride in a bus to get there! Its been so long since Ive been in a closed vehicle. haha :)
I got to teach english class this tuesday and it was awesome. We had a lot of non members come this week and it was great because I taught everyone how to pray in english. Its been a long time since Ive prayed in english so when I offered the prayer in english at the end of the class I had an accent. I am so happy that I get to teach english and meet new people to teach the gospel to too. 
One of the sister here in Iquitos had to go home and now we are in a trio! I am still with Hermana Gomez but we now have a new companion named Hermana Quispe. Its been fun to be in a trio for the past few days. I have been able to learn so much from them both. 
This week weve been helping Hermana Junior get ready for his baptism this saturday. He is so excited and so prepared to be baptised. I have loved being able to teach him and I seriously cant wait for this saturday! 
We alsop have new investigators this week because Im a little crazy. We contacted a family this week and when we went to their house for our appointment a mand opened the door and angrily said, "Theyre not here" and slammed the door in our faces. I wasnt really in the mood for people slamming their door in my face so I knocked on the door again. My companions looked at me like I was crazy but when the door opened the second time it was the woman we had contacted. She let us in and we are now teaching her and her nephew Michael the gospel. I am so hapopy that I decided to knock on the door again. In life there are some days that are just really hard, and we have to try again and again to be able to reach our goals. This is normal! If we have to try again we´ll be able to learn even more! 
I hope you have a great week! Keep pressing forward and I know it will be a great week. 
Love, 
Hermana Toponce 
Also sorry for no pictures. The computer is slow this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment