Monday, August 28, 2017

Its raining, and I love it!

Hello sweet family, 
I am in a normal companionship again its just Hermana Gomez and I. Hermana Quispe has a mini missionary working with her until the end of this transfer and shes super sweet! Shes getting real life mission experience before she actually leaves on the mission! I have loved hearing about all of my sweet friends who have been choosing to go and serve missions. It is so fun to see that we are all around the world sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its just so awesome! :) 
This week we had a Zone conference with all of the zones in Iquitos, and it was super funny because there were about 100 elders, and just us 4 sisters! The other sisters are in Pucallpa, and Tarrapoto. It was awesome because right after the conference we got to have a catered lunch with President and Hermana Li and because there are only four sisters, we got to eat at the same table as president! This never happens! the only time we get to eat with president is at the beginning and end of our missions. I was so happy. The conference was great and we talked a lot about the importance of the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was awesome to be with all of the missionaries in this area of the mission :) 
I can tell that I have been in the mission for a while because one pair of shoes finally broke. I use them all of the time so I wasnt too suprised, but it made me realize how long Ive been here. Luckily I had some superglue from Grandma Toponce so I should be set with these shoes for another six months! thanks Grandma! 
Right now were starting to get into the rainy season in the mission and I love it, the mangos are growing, its a lot cooler, and the people are happier! Its crazy how much the weather changes peoples attitude. 
This week I got to eat alligator for the first time! I told my pensionista, the chicken is so good today, and she laughed and said, its because its alligator! It really does taste like chicken. really good chicken. 
We are teaching a few really awesome families right now and its so fun to teach families because they learn together and I am litterally seeing these families become happier and more united and they are applying the principles of the gospel. Ive always had a testimony that the gospel blesses families but there is something truly beautiful about seeing the gospel work in a family from the very beginning. 
I hope that you all have a great week and remember how truly important Jesus Christ is. He is the way. Living his gospel brings true joy. I love being able to share this joy here in Iquitos :)
Con Mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce 






No comments:

Post a Comment