Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Wilderness. Iquanas. Coconuts. Six Months.

Hello Everyone, 
This week has been another crazy one! I love the mission here in Iqitos. We are starting to know our area better and weve gotten to know more of the members in our ward. There are so many good people here with lots of potential and I cant wait to start helping them to understand the gospel. We have a baptism coming up! We are teaching a boy named Junior and he has accepted to be baptised. He is 19 and he loves learning about the doctrine of Jesus Christ. It has been really fun teaching him and I cant wait to help him prepare for his baptism. 
This week I ate fish for the first time in my mission and it was delicious. The pensionistas here dont usually make fish because they think that the Americans are scared to eat it and my pensionista was really proud of me for eating it all! Shes the sweetest. 
We were walking by the river for pday and we saw an Iguana in the wilderness! It was climbing a tree and it made me so happy! Sometimes I forget that Im in the jungle until I see strange animals. 
I taught my first english class and it was awesome! There were a ton of people that came and I helped them to learn how to have a conversation in the airport. Were going to be having english classes every tuesday. I love teaching so I was really happy to hear that our ward wanted to have english classes :) 
This week we were looking for a reference whos name is Rosa. When we knocked on the door they told us that she had moved and gave us the direction of her new house, we finally found her new house and knocked on the door and a woman named rosa let us in to each her and her family. As it turns out it is a completely different Rosa that our reference, but we were able to find a super awesome family that is excited to live the gospel. 
I love that sometimes we have plans but god always has etter plans for us. He led us to this family because He know that they are prepared. 
I love the gospel. I love that I get to teach it everyday and I am so excited to see what fun things are coming up in this area. I love you all. See you in a year :)
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment