Monday, August 21, 2017

Iquitos week 4... Baptism!

This week has been so great. I have been able to see so many miracles and teach lots of lovely people the gospel. This week my dear friends from the CCM Hermana Felshaw and Hermana Griffith had to come to Iquitos to fill out some paperwork for their visas and they got to work in my area! I was so happy to be able to be with them for a day! We have all changed so much in just six short months. It was so great to hear their stories. Im excited to see how much we learn after another year in the mission! We are really good at speaking spanish now! haha.

We had our baptism for Junior and he was so excited. I am so happy that i was able to help him get ready for his baptism. He has gained such a stron testimony and he wants to serve a mission too! Im so excited to be able to help him prepare to serve a mission and learn even more about the gospel. His baptism was so great and there was so many members of our ward there to support him. He shared his testimony and it made me and the bishop cry because we felt the spirit so strongly! I know that Junior is going to do so many amazing things!

One funny story from this week is I was teaching a lesson and in the middle of sharing my testimony the chair I was sitting in bent and I fell on the ground. Everyone was freaking out because all of the sudden I was on the floor and they didnt know what do to. I was laughing super hard and to make everyone feel better I tole a food joke that I learned but I said it wrong and It didnt make any sense. But it made everyone laugh! 

We found a family that I am 100 percent sure are going to get baptised. Theri son is out serving a mission and they are so excited to learn what he is out teaching. They are super sweet! Ill be sending upsdates on how they are. 

I know that this church is true and that the gospel blesses families. I know that as we seek to become more like our savior we will be happy always. I love you all! Thank you so much for all of your love and support!

Con amor, 
Hermana Toponce





No comments:

Post a Comment