Monday, September 11, 2017

Clavero, Iquitos 2.0

Im writing from the same area, with the same companion because we didnt have transfers! Im really happy tht Im in the same ward because the members are super great and they love to help the missionaries! They are always giving us references of people we can teach and our ward mission leader is a recently returned misssionary and he likes to teach with us. The work is so much more successful when the members are invovled! Help your missionaries! They love it :) 
Yesterday we were a little disapointed because all of our appointments werent home. We were knocking on doors a ton and people didnt want to listen to us. I just kept wondering, "Where are we supposed to go?" When I finally asked my companion what we should do next we got a phonecall from a sister in our ward. She was crying and told us that she needed us to visit her right away. We of course went straight to her house. She was so sad. She is a single mom who has recently seperated from her husband and she has to do everything to provide for her six year old son. She had all of her sadness pile up and she didnt know what to do. I  am SO GLAD that she felt like she could call us for help. We gave a lesson about Grace. I have been thinking and studying this word a lot this week. Grace is Divine help and strenght. We cant do all of these things by ourselves and we have grace to help us keep going. This sister was so grateful that we could come help lift her burden. I love this chance that I have to be a represetative of Jesus Christ. There are so many people who need his love and its such a blessing to be able to bring this love into peoples lives. I know that things happen for a reason and that we eeded to be at her house last night :) 
My pensionista made me no bake cookies to celebrate my seven months here in the mission and it made me super happy! It was just the taste of home that I needed, and the same day I got sweet letters from the girlscamp girls! Thank you! It made my day :) 
Here there is a game that the little kids like to play that is "touch the white girl" When they see me coming they get in a line and yell "Toca la Gringa" and the first one to touvh me wins. haha! I love all of the kids here. They are so funny. Im going to miss this game ;)
I hope you have a great week! Enjoy all of the litte things :) These precious moments are all gifts from our Heavenly Father.
Love, 
Hermana Toponce


No comments:

Post a Comment