Monday, September 4, 2017

Transfer Acomplished!

I have completed yet another transfer here in the beautiful Peru Iquitos mission. I am so beyond gratefu for everything that I have learned this transfer and I am So excited to see what adventures this next transfer will bring. Today we find out if we´ll be staying here or if well get moved to a new area. I cant wait to see whats going to happen! 
This week we had a few activities in the ward to help us get references and they were super fun, but we didnt recieve a single reference! I was dissapointed, but at least a family of Investigators came and they loved the activity. Its an activity that I want to organize in all of my wards here because Its stinking awesome! The activity is called viaje a hawaii and it started by giving everyone who came a certain amount of play money, and they were then told to use the play money to participate in the activieties that were set up around the church. There were cgams, a market, classes, a movie, a dance party, and they could use their money to do any of these things and us member in charge of the activity had to tept the to use their money, haha. After a ittle over an hour of fun and games, we announced that the fight to hawaii was about to eave and that they needed to board the plane. When everyone was in the plane, the chapel, we had the flight attendant welcome everyone to the flight and after a minute he got up an announced that there was turbulance and made noises like the plane was crashing. He then announced "Welcome to the final judgement" and according to the amout of money they had, the members were assigned to their kingdom of glory. The best part is that our investigators made it the the Celestia Kingdom! Woohoo!
The next day we had a lesson with Maritza and Luis, the investigators who came to the activity, and we shared the Plan of Salvation with them. They told us how happy they were to have made it to the celestial kingdom for the activity and their desire to make it there for real. We told them how its pssible and theyve accepted to be baptized!! I sure love them and their sweet family and I know without a doubt that they will make it to the real thing!
Its amazing to see the gospel changing lives. I remember when we first met Maritza when she was playing Bingo and when we asked, " Esta Hermana Maritza?" She told us that Maritza is in Lima. The third time we tried to find her, her neighbor finallyrold us that its been her all along! We finally set a tie to visit her and her family and met her husband and he was completely drunk! In my head I thught, "Were never going to be able to help this family" I WAS WRONG! They are now praying together, and they are starting to be more happy and united. The gospel has changed them and I cant wait to see how much more theyll be able to achieve before and after their baptism! Gods plan is so perfect. 
Life is filled with hard moments and sometimes we feel like we are too far from the path to ever get to God again. This is not true! We can always make it back. The gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect and can help us overcome what ever challenge this life throws at us. I know without a doubt that He lives and that his gospel blesses lives. I want to invite you all to watch the mormon message, "YOU NEVER KNOW" because it makes me happy and helped me to understand Gods plan a little better. 
Have a fantastic week! I love you all. You are in my prayers :) 
Hermana Toponce

No comments:

Post a Comment