Monday, October 30, 2017

Let's get down to business

So, we are a lot more comfortable in our new area. We now know the people and the streets really well and we were able to get to work this week, after Tuesday because I was sick on Tuesday. But This week has been super great! We taught one lesson on Tuesday and I was coughing so bad, which made me sad because we were teaching my favorite lesson, the law of chastity, but I was really happy because our investigator Flor understood and was willing to make the changes she needed to in her life to live this commandment. I am so grateful for the spirit because without the spirit we would be able to change peoples hearts.
Hermana Flor is the best and... shes getting baptised for my moms birthday! November fourth! I am so excited for her. She has such a sweet spirit and she is beyond excited to take this step in her life. The sisters who were teaching her before us could NOT get her to accept a date but with a lot of prayer and fasting Flor accepted to be baptised. Pictures to come next week :)
This week we had zone conference and we celebrated my birthday. haha! dontn worry my birthday isnt until christmas, but we wont be having a zone conference until after christmas, so we celebrated my birthday! There was cake and everything. It was really weird to celebrate so early but it was really sweet.
We know the members in our branch so well that we´ve been invited to so many family home evenings tonight that I dont kow what were going to do. My branch president asked me to give a talk on unity this week and I was so happy to help. Its so great that he had confidence that I could help the branch have a little more unity. I have so many goals for this transfer and this area. I know that there is so much potential here. We are teaching two new families and they are golden.
I know that when we accept the changes that happen in our lives, and ask for God´s help we can be successful. I was really sad to have transfers from my other area, but I know that God has a lot of things planned for me here in Tarapoto. I hope you all have a great week. Thank you for your love and support!
Con amor,
Hermana Toponce
Also sorry that the picture is blurry. The elder who took the picture had cake on his hands :P 
Zona Tarapoto!

No comments:

Post a Comment