Monday, January 8, 2018

11 Months Already?

Today I have 11 whole months in the mission and I cant believe it. Time goes by faster here in the mission. Its crazy! I am so happy to be here and I have loved this time so much! I cant wait to see what else is going to happen. This week we have transfers. We are going to find out tonight at 9 when they call us and its possible that Im going to get transfered. I dont really want to because I love this area so much, but we´ll see what happens. My companion doesnt want to have transfers either! We're just loving our time here and were finding families :)
The family that we found last week when I prayed in my heart is so wonderful. They are progressing and love the gospel. They want to be baptised as soon as possible, we just have to help them learn more, and get married. Its going to be a bit of work, but Im excited for them! 
We also found another family that is super awesome! It is the family of a less active member named Lucio .His wife Melissa isnt a member and we just started teaching them and they came to church this week with their whole family! It was so beautiful and hermana Melissa said that when we were teaching her she felt super happy and calm and we helped her to recognize the spirit for the first time. This is definitly one of my favorite things to be a part of. I hope Ill be able to be here for her baptism too :) 
Today on our way to the internet to write, a man stopped us in the street and asked us to say a prayer with him. He was headed to a job interview and knew that our prayer would help him be more ready. We were so happy to pray with him and he was so grateful. Im glad we were where we needed to be in the right time :) 
I gave a capacitation in our district meeting this week about the gospel and it went really well. I love teaching whenever I can! I got to train our district on the gospel of Jesus Christ and how they can teach in with power and clarity. It helped me to realize just how simple and powerful the gospel is. Im getting better and better teaching it clearly, but I know it because Im understanding it more and more. I got to work alone with a member for two days this week because my companion went to Iquitos, and I was so excited because I got to apply all of the things Ive learned so we coud be successful. Everything went so well and I was super happy! Im glad Ive had so many experiences here in these 11 months that have helped me grow my testimony and learn so many things. The mission helps missionaries grow so much. 
I hope you have all had a great first week of the year, and that the second is even better! I love you all!
Con Mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment