Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 already? Feliz año nuevo!



Wow. This week has been so great. I keep thinking that the mission cant get any better and then it does! :) Its been raining a lot this week and its been super cold for me. I dont know what Im going to do in utah because even when its a little cold here I cant handle it haha. Luckily my parents sent me a sweater for christmas so i was nice and warm still :) Thanks parents! 

I had such a lovely birthday here in the jungle. I got to celebrate with my pensionista and her family and the Gomez family (the family of our relief society president.) We went to the river and ate pineapple cake and it was beautiful. There were even monkeys in the trees! I never in a million years thought that my birthday away from home would be so great. The only think that would make it better is if my family was there too. I then got to talk to my family and it was so good to hear their sweet vioces. Such a beautiful christmas! 

After chrismtas we got to working like normal again because our investigators were home, and it was great! We taught a ton this week because people are out of school and work, and our investigator PIlar is progressing. She is praying to accept a baptismal date this January. I am super excited for her. Also I heard that Hermana Teresa that we were teaching forever in Pucallpa finally got baptised!! Its the greatest christmas gift ever. It was so hard to teach her, but Im happy to hear that it was all worth it. :)

My favorite teaching ecperience from this week was when we were contacting and no one wanted to listen to us. I knew that there was SOMEONE who was waiting for us so I didnt feel too sad, but I decided to offer a prayer in my heart that we could find a family and right after my companion and I felt prompted to knock on the same door. We knocked on the door and sure enough a sweet family opened the door and let us in. We taught a spirit filled lesson and the accepted that we come back! It was such amiracle. I have such a strong testimony of prayer that keeps growing every day. I know that when we consult the Lord before we do anything, he will guide our steps. As we are starting a new year, I hope we can set a lot of goals and ask for Gods help in accomplishing them. I know he hears and answers our prayers. 

I am loving my time here in Peru. I am loving teaching the gospel. I cant believe that I have to say that I go home this year now. Its so crazy! Feliz año nuevo everyone! I love you all!!!!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce




 

No comments:

Post a Comment