Monday, January 15, 2018

Pucallpa 2.0

Hello everyone!!! 
I got transfered... again! I cant seem to stay in one area for more than two transfers and it makes my heart sad to have to leave so many wonderful people behind, but I am super excited to start this new transfer! I am no going ot be in Pucallpa in area Yarinacocha. This area has a lot of farms, and it is a lot poorer than any of my other areas, but the people here are already great! 
My companion is Hermana Lazarte.She is from La Paz Bolivia, and she is 22. She only has two transfers left in the mission. She is awesome. We get along really well and we are teaching powerfully together! The lessons that weve taught together have been some of the most spirit filled Ive had here in the misison. 
We are opening our area, and this will make three times opening and area in my mission. The first week is always getting to know the streets and the people, but next week is going to be a lot more teaching and getting down to business. For being our first week here it was really successful! we already have a new investigator. 
His name is also Junior. He is the brother of a recent convert here named Emily and he wants to learn more about God. He had a really bad accident a month ago and fractured his skull but he got a priesthood blessing and has recovered remarkably fast and wants to do what is right to thank God. We taught him that he needs to come to church and he accepted and came! It was so great. I am excited to start teaching him and get to know the other poeple that are waiting for the gospel here. 
Prayer is so important. All of these changes could have been really hard, but I have learned so much about prayer. God knows everything. He knows where the investigators are who are waiting for the gospel and he knows excactly where we need to be and when. HE HELPS US KNOW THESE THINGS TOO. we just have to pray always and he will guide our steps. I know he loves us. I know he has a plan for us. I am so happy. I am loving the mission and I am excited to see what is going to happen here in Pucallpa :)
Love you all!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce










No comments:

Post a Comment