Monday, February 26, 2018

Because I Have Been Given Much

So transfers game and went and I get to stay in Yarinacocha Pucallpa with Hermana Lazarte! I am so happy that I didnt get transfered becasue we have a lot of great people we are teaching who are getting close to baptism. I love this area. I know without a doubt that God has prepared this area for me and my companion. 
This week we had so conference and it was amazing! Most of the trainings were on the book of mormon and the spirit was so strong! There are a ton of new Elders and there was a lot of excitement about missioary work which I thought was great. Hermana Quispe got transferred to Pucallpa so I get to see her again!! It made me so happy to hear that shell be finishing her mission here!! 
Hermana Li shared her conversion story with me in our interview )we dont have interviews with our president just his wife) and she talked about how the Sister missionaries changed her life and how grateful she is that the sisters choose to serve missions. In our mission we only have 16 sisters and 6 will be finishing their missions this transfer... we will only have 10! Sister Li told me that this mission is really hard. She is so proud of us for being able to serve in the jungle and be so happy and have success. I was so grateful for this interview with her. Every mission is hard. Thats why its called a mission! But I am so glad that Heavenly Father gave me this mission. Its the best for me! I read a quote by Thomas S. Monson this week that I loved, ¨May we ever choose the hardest right, instead of the easier wrong.¨ 
It is not easy to live the gospel... its not easy to share it but it is right! 
I am so grateful for this work and for my mission! I hope you can all choose the harder right this week and trust in God. He will direct your paths!
Love, 
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment