Monday, April 9, 2018

Come Follow Me

This week has been a really humbling one for me. I got a phonecall on MOnday night from Presidente Li and we had a phonecall interview, and at the end of the interview he asked me if I would be willing to be the new sister Leader here in Pucallpa. It shocked me because I really didnt think I would get this assignment, but I am now the new Sister Leader and I am super excited/nervous about it. 
Part of my calling is that I have to participate in mission council so I had to travel to Iquitos to go. It is a council of the zone leaders and the sister leaders, president, and the assistants. We go to talk about mission goals and come up with new ideas to better the mission. I was such a neat experience, and it helped me to see even more the importance of the little things we do in the mission. 
While in Iquitos I also picked up my new companion. IM TRAINING!! and I am so excited about it! My new companions name is Sister Montero. She is from Santa Cruz Bolivia, and se is 20. She reminds me a lot of my little sister Abbie because she is super smiley and is super excited to get to work! I cant wait for our transfer together. 
Right when we got back from Iquitos we had to plan Karinas baptism (on friday night) and she got baptised this SAturday!!! It was such a beautiful baptism! Her and her sun Gabriel both got baptised and their testimonies after were so sweet. They both cried tears of joy and so did I. I am so grateful that I go tto be here to see it, and my companion was super excited because it was her first baptism! 
I am so excited for these new assignments, and I know that God is helping me to learn even more. I love the mission! I love being able to change peoples lives and help them come to know the restored gospel. I know that I am going to be strengthened in this transfer because God helps wak things become strong, and qualifies whom He calls.
I love you all so much!! Keep choosing the right and God will guide oyur paths :)
COn mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce



No comments:

Post a Comment