Monday, April 30, 2018

The Happy Day at Last has Come



I am finding some gems while Im looking for email titles in the hymnbook. haha! I found this hymn and I thought! How perfect to describe the baptism of Hermana Fidelia :) Her baptism was super sweet. A ton of members came to support and we helped her to her hair and she said she felt like a queen! She cried tears of joy when she got out of the water and I felt so happy that she finally received this saving ordinance of baptism! She is such a sweetheart and even thought she has hardly anything she gives all that she has! I want to be more like her one day.
The other family that got baptised is an awesome family that the elders have been teaching for months! They have come to chrch every sunday for months and couldnt be baptised until they were married. They finally raised enough money to be marriend and got baptised finally! They have become good friends of mine especially Liz the mom of the family. She sits next to me in relief society every sunday :) I am so happy for every one of them! It total we had 7 people get baptised in our district this week. It was amazing! I am super proud of all of our hard work. 
We found an old man in the street this week who was cry ing and we asked him if we could do something to help him and he asked us to pray with him. We prayed right there in the street and he was so grateful that he said he was going to come to church. I didnt give it much thought because they always say they will come but... HE CAME!!! I couldnt believe it! We are now going to start teaching him. His name is nicholas. 
I love this area tons. I am learning a lot and I am loving my mission. My companion is seriously the best! She might be new in the mission but she is so prepared and she is a powerful teacher! It makes training so much easier.
Next week we are having a General Authority come to the mission and its a suprise as to who it is going to be, but Im excited and then right after I will be traveling to Iquitos for leaders council to talk about the needs of the mission! Lots of fun things are coming up. 
I hope oyu all have a great week! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! They really do help so much. 
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce










No comments:

Post a Comment