Monday, May 28, 2018

All is Well

I have had so many amazing weeks in a row that it was about time to have a not so easy week! It all started when my companion had to go to Iquitos for a few days so I had to sleep on the floor of the other Sister's home and I caught a cold so I have been with a bad cold pretty much all week!! Then we got a phone call from Sandra saying that she isnt sure about her baptism and she cancelled her baptism date for this saturday, and Osler couldnt have his wedding or baptism this week because we didnt get his birth certificate on time! So many little not so great things happened that I was thinking, "What did I do wrong?" But then I realized how important it is to go throught a few trials so that we can learn and grow and it really made me appreciate a lot more all of the really good weeks I have had here in the mission! 
The experience that made everything better was sitting in sacramwent meeting and seeing my convert, Wills, passing the sacrament. It made me cry tears of joy seeing someone I taught the gospel to using his priesthood power to bless the lives of others! Thats what the mission really is about. Sometimes we have doors slammed in our face, sometimes we get a little sick, and sometimes there are a few more trials than expected helping someone prepare for baptism, but when all is said and done, if we could help even one person accept the gospel we have had success. To quote 17 miracles, " If we gave our all, it was for something." 
I feel like I have really given my all this week and I was happy to see that all of the people I have taught here came to church this sunday. The most special was seeing a huge family that we have been helping to reactivate come to church for the first time in TWO YEARS! I am so grateful for the little miracles that happened this Sunday becasue they made my whole week! No I just have to hope that this cold can go away and all is well! Osler is now getting baptised on the 8th of June. A man we are teaching named Jose is also getting baptised ont he 8th of June and we are going to work some miracles to help Sandra get baptised too! I love the mission even when we have trials, because I know that Christ and His gospel can help us through anything!
I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all!
Hermana Toponce
Mateo 11:28-29




No comments:

Post a Comment