Monday, May 7, 2018

When Faith Endures



Hello, Hello! Happy almost Mother's day! 
I am feeling super grateful this week. I am so beyond grateful that I was called to serve in this mission and I know that God knows us, and knows what we need to do to become more like him. I love Gods plan. 
This week I felt that we should go to visit one of our old investigators named Rocio, I really didnt want to go becasue she has rejected baptism so many times it hurts, but I kept having her name pop into my head. We went to visit her, and we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit touched all of our hearts and she said... "I want to be baptised this saturday. I finally realized that everything you've been teaching me is true. I want to ba baptized for my family." ROCIO IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!! I am so excited for her and I am so happy that she FINALLY recieved an answer. This was just yet another testimony to me that we have to acceot God's timing. Sometimes we dont understand, but if we follow him we will always be doing what is right. She is seriously so excited to be baptised that she said she is going to name her first daughter after me, and she asked me to be the Godmother of her son and her mother in law was so happy that she gave me tons of hugs and kisses. It scared me a little bit, but Im happy that the Gospel has made them happy! I sure love their sweet family and I know that Rocio really truly has recieved a testimony of the restored gospel. 
I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time in Spanish thi week and it never fails to impress me. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it is the word of God and more importantly that it testifies of our savior Jesus Christ. I know that if we are obedient we will recieve blessings and I know that the spirit can guide us. I have learned these things and so much more by reading this wonderful book! I have a big testimony of this little book and I hope that all of you can read it too! It has changed my life!
Coming up next week: 
Highlights from our zone conference with area president Elder Falavera of the 70.
Leaders Council in Iquitos
Rocio's Baptism
Mothers Day
15 Months in the mission!
Stay tuned. haha
I know that the Gospel is true and I know that Jesus Chrit is our Savior and that His church has been restored. I love you all! Have wonderful Mothers day! Sending Besos from Peru!
Hermana Toponce

No comments:

Post a Comment