Monday, May 14, 2018

Did You Think to Pray?

So many things happened this week I dont even know where to start!
I was super happy to be able to talk to my sweet family yesterday for mothers day! They are the best! Its so weird to think that I will talk to them next when I see them in person in a few months. It goes by so fast! Happy Mothers Day to all of the sweet moms I know! 
ROCIO GOT BAPTISED! It was so great! Her family was so so happ for her and they had a huge dinner for her and for us after her baptism to say thank you. It took a lot of work to help her get baptised. We had to organize an interview with president, while I was in Iquitos and my companion was an hour away in Pucallpa, but with a lot of prayer we had a miracle happen and Rocio was able to have her interview and get baptised. Now she is excited to keep preparing this year to go to the temple with her family!!
Elder Falavela came and had a zone conference with us and it was amazing! He told us that we have been called on a full time mission and that we shouldnt be part time missionaries. He also explained the Atonement of Jesus Christ to us and it helped me to understand even better how much Christ loves us. I am so grateful for the saacrifice he made for us and for the example He has given us all so that we can return to live with God again. Elder Falavela said that the atonement is the motor in Gods plan because without it we cant keep going in Gods plan. I was so glad to hear his teachings and learn more about Gods plan.
We left right after the zone conference to the airport so that we could go to leaders council in Iquitos and we got there just in time to catch our flight! Leaders council was awesome because Elder Falavela came too so all of the Zone leaders, Sister Leaders, the APs and President were there and we set goals for the mission and made plans. It was an amazing experience to recieve revelation together to help the mission Improve! 
After the conference was over we went to the airport and our flight was delayed for two hours! I got to Pucallpa just in time for Rocios baptism! We had to run from the airport in the rain to get there but we made it! It was a busy busy week, filled with so many miracles. If anything my testimony of prayer was strengthened this week. I know that when we trust in God and pray with faith, He helps us to have success. Prayer helped everything work out just right this week.
I hope you all have a fantastic week and dont forget to pray! There is power in prayer!"
Con Mucho Amor, 
Hermana Toponce
ALMA 37:37!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment