Wednesday, February 22, 2017

CCM Semana #2

Somehow everyday here gets better and better. I am loving every second at the CCM and I'm so excited to use what I learn in Iquitos. Everyday is about the same. We eat food, have Spanish classes, study time, physical activity, more food, more classes, and then dinner. I thought it would get boring after a while but I think learning is fun so the days fly by!
My favorite thing to do is to teach lessons in Spanish. We got two new investigators that we get to practice teaching with this week. Luci and David. David gave everyone in our district a hard time for the first lesson! He was on his phone, not listening, and looking out the window. Hermana Felshaw and I then went in to teach him and he didn't use his phone or seem bored once! It was amazing. It was the best lesson we've had so far. Our Spanish was the best it has been so far and we could understand everything he was saying to us. The spirit in that lesson was so strong. It gave me a small glimpse of what I will get to do in the mission field and the love I will have for the people I´m teaching. I just love this so much!
This week we had the opportunity to go to the temple and it was so beautiful. Its a lot smaller than the temples in Utah, but it is really cool to me that the gospel is the same wherever you go in the world. Outside of the temple, there is a guy everyone calls the "tie guy" he sells ties and scripture cases outside of the temple that he makes by hand. He's not a member of the church but he really loves the missionaries! It was fun to have the chance to talk to him.
Hermana Felshaw and I had the opportunity to sing in church this Sunday. A few people in our district heard us singing and said we should sing in sacrament meeting sometime. We said we would do it the last week we were here if we did it at all. It turns out we were in charge of music this week so we got asked to sing. It was the first time Hermana Felshaw had sung in a duet but she did so good! Everyone told us that it was so fun to hear us sing and that we did a good job. We sang I need the every hour in Spanish!! Its so great that I have a companion who will sing with me.
One of my favorite things from this week was a talk we got to listen to on Sunday. Its a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland and all about Jesus Christ and His atonement. I love my savior so much and I am so grateful for everything he has done for us. Being here keeps reminding me of his great love for us and I'm excited to tell people all about it! I challenge everyone to find time to read it this week. Its called "Where Justice, Love, and Mercy Meet" and it was seriously so good.
Its is really fun to see the improvement I have made in just two weeks. I can pray, sing, share my testimony, and teach a fifteen minute lesson in Spanish and I'm improving everyday! But, I know that I couldn't do this without the help of my savior and the gift of tongues. It really is such a real gift.
I hope you all have an amazing week and seek to grow your relationship with Jesus Christ. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I love you all so much!
Con Amor,
Hermana Toponce





No comments:

Post a Comment