Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Things

What I miss most about utah: My Family, Milkshakes, and warm showers. What I love most about Pucallpa: Motokars, Fresh mango, lots of kisses (On the cheek). Peru is such abeautiful place and Im so blessed to have the priveledge of serving here! 
So Im pretty accustomed to spiders now. Theyre everywhere! The corners of every house have spiders. Its a common household chore to sweep the spiders off of the ceiling. Spiders that would normally make me cry at home are completely normal here. I just let them live. But this week I had the frightening experience of finding a spider as big as my hand. I was about to go into the bathroom and the spider was blocking my path. I screamed so loud! The thing was huge! We debated whether or not to kill it and I decided it would be better to capture it. I put on my rainboots grabbed a bucket and build up the courage to capture it and THE SPIDER JUMPED away from the bucket. Thats when I knew it had to die. It put up a good fight but it was no match for the broom... We had a funeral for it at our district meeting so I feel a little better about the whole thing. haha. spiders.
Both Luisa and Isabel have stopped progressing and we have to push back their baptisms. Were really sad about it but we really want to make sure that theyre prepared. Were praying that they can decide to come to church so they can be baptized! The good news of the week is that we have a new investigator! His name is Christian and his wife is a member. They are such a special family and Im excited to help them to have the gospel in their lives! We have a special family home everning planned for them tonight and IM excited about it :)
My favorite experience this week was with a less active family in our ward. Weve been trying to figure out what is keeping them from the church for a month. We went into the lesson without having anything prepared to say. I was prompted to ask a question that I cant even remember now, but they opened up and told us their worry. It was amazing! I have such a strong testimony of the spirit. We will  be guided in our lives is we live worthy of the spirit. I have noticed this so many times already on my mission. 
I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week :)
Con Amor, 
Hermana Toponce


No comments:

Post a Comment