Monday, July 10, 2017

Five months!!! Peru es Lo Maximo.

Hello Everyone!
I have officially completed five months in the mission and I couldn't be happier. I am so happy that I decided to serve a mission. I have learned so much in these short five months. I've learned more about the gospel, a new language, a new culture, and I've learned to cherish all of the little moments we are given. They seriously are so important! 
This week again has been crazy, but I think everything will be calmer until transfers on the 24th. haha! Hermana Kachkachian had a successful surgery in Lima and is now back in Pucallpa, and she is able to start working again today! It has been a long process for her to recover, but we are both so happy that she is healthy and ready to teach again! She is seriously such an inspiration to me. Even with having to have surgery in a different country, she smiled her whole way through it. Attitude is everything! 
For sservice this week we helped one of our less active member clean her pool and it was so funny. We were washing a giant plastic pool in their outdoor shower. It definitely took a while, but it was super clean when we finished. She was also really happy to have her pool ready for summer!
We also helped a lady in our ward named Dioselina make some yummy peruvian cookies and it looked a lot easier than it is to make them. We didn't end up being very much help, but it was really fun!
There was a trip to the temple in our ward recently and a lot of members have been saving for a whole year to be able to go to the temple in Lima. It was so fun to hear about everyone's experiences when they got back. It made me think about how blessed I was to have the temple so close to my home. It really is so important to have the temple as our goal and go as often as possible! 
My favorite experience this week was that last Sunday I shared my testimony about the book of Mormon in the ward. I wasn't planning on sharing it, but I felt so strongly that I should. This week my ward mission leader Hermano Angel told me that his daughter said, Dad I've decided to read the book of mormon! When he asked her why, she said that my testimony made her excited to read the book of mormon! I was so happy that he shared his experience with me. I t made me realize how important a simple testimony of the restored gospel can be. I hope you all have a fantastic week, and don't forget to share what you know! You can change lives :)
Con Amor, 
Hermana Toponce :)


*I noticed lots of bug bites on Nat's legs in this picture. I asked and she said she forgot bug spray ONE day and she was eaten like crazy! She said she will not forget again. She also said Hermana Briggs left her some benadryl cream and that saved her! I'm glad her usual bug spray is keeping the bugs away!



No comments:

Post a Comment