Monday, July 3, 2017

It's crying!

Hello!
This week I had an oops with spanish! It was raining super hard out of nowhere on wednesday and the word for rain and the word for cry in spanish are super similar so when it started to rain I turned to my companion and said, "YAY, ITS CRYING." She thought it was so funny. Now I will never forget the difference between these two words. Haha.
Hermana Kachkachian had to go to Lima to have an operation because there arent very many excellent doctors here in Pucallpa. I havent heard anything about how shes doing so I assume that everything went well! I cant believe that shes had to visit the doctor so much this transfer! Im just happy that shes getting the mdical attention she needs in Lima. Because Hermana Kachkachian is in Lima, Ive been working with Hermana Lazarte! Shes super sweet. Her companion had to go to iquitos this week so we were made companionsthis week. Its been a lot of change, but its been great working with Hermana Lazarte. She is from Bolivia, and she is super sweet. Im not sure how long Hermana Kachkachian will be in Lima, so I think that Hermana Lazarte will be my companion until the end of this transfer. 
This week all of the missionaries in Pucallpa had to get flu shots. I was so neervous to get a flu shot here, but everything went wel. It was super funny because there was one nurse and a long line of missionaries waiting to get shots. 
I had my first Inderview with my mission President and it was so great! Hes such a hard working, loving mission president. We also had a multizone conference this week and we talked a lot about faith. Faith is so important in everything we do because faith is what leads us to action in our lives. I love seeing faith lead people to do so many amazing things! We talked about Noah, Moses, Joseph Smith, Abraham, and a few modern day stories of faith. I loved it so much! Having faith helps me everyday to accept all of these new changes that are happening in the mission and learn from them :) 
"Behold, my sould delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard. " -2 Nephi 4:16
Keep reading, Praying, and pondering and have a fantastic fourth of July! :) 
Con Amor, 
Hermana Toponce

  Her companion is having such a hard time with her teeth! It's so sad.
 The new companion while her's is goes to get surgery.
A visit from Natalie's first companion (the other American :)) Her family came to see Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment