Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Soy Libre De Pecado

This week we had the chance to go to the baptism of Hermana Florita. She is and Investigator of the Elders in our district and we brought our investigator Flor so that she could see what a baptism is like. The baptism was beautifyl and there were so many people there to support Florita, when she came back into the room after being baptised, she exclaimed, "Im free from sin" and then took her seat. It was so sincere. She is 70 years old and she is so happy to finally be free from sin. Baptism is so essencial to live with God again and Im really happy that we got to go to her baptism. Our investigator Flor loved the baptism. She said that she felt really good and that she wants to be baptised too!! She is so awesome. She came to everything this week. She even sang with our ward choir for ward conference. I have loved being able to teach her and I am also so happy that she is so excited to be baptised. :)

The ward choir was awesome! It was the first time Ive ever been able to lead a choir and it might not have been MOTAB but it was wonderful! It was so fun to be able to hear everyones lovely voices and learn a new hymn together. It ended up sounding great and it brought the spirit into the meeting. After Sacrament meeting a bunch of the members thanked us for our choir! It was such a great experience :)

This week we also celebrated my companions birthday!! Hermana Kachkachian is now 26 and shes so happy! We celebrated her birthday by having lunch at the home of our Relief society President and she made Sarapatera... Turtle Soup! Its a delicacy here in Pucallpa and it was delicious! I have now eaten turtle and its true, it tastes like chicken! 

An Elder in our district named ELder Barnes has a hair accident this week and is now completely Bald... I couldnt stop laughing! Poor ELder. I really hope that his hair grows back soon. But in our Zone Meeting this week our Zone LEader shared a scripture that made us all laugh even more, 2 Kings 2:23-24!! Haha. I would write it out but I dont have my English Bible with me :) 

Overall this week has been great! I am so happy to be here in the mission! We have transfers tonight and Ill hear where my next area is. Im so happy that Ive been able to serve here in Pucallpa!! Missions are seriously awsome! I hope you all have a great week. Keep serving whereever you are because there are people that need you :) 

Con Amor, 


Hermana Toponce❤

No comments:

Post a Comment