Monday, July 17, 2017

Right Place, Right Time

So once upon a time a rumor was spread around my ward that I was in The Mormon Tabernacle Choir... I have no idea how this rumor started but they are convinced that I was in MOTAB. I have explained about 100 times that this isn't true but my efforts haven't been very successful. haha. I am now directing the ward choir for ward conference this Sunday and to make things even more interesting its a hymn that only exists in the Spanish hymnbook! Oh the wonderful things I get to do here in the mission!
I really love this mission because its full of "Right place, right time" moments. You know, the moments that are kind of unexplainable but are super impactful! I have had the wonderful chance to experience a bunch of these moments this week. We were walking down the street and I felt like we should go to the home of one of our less active members. It didn't make sense because she usually works in the evening but we following my feeling and went to her house. She just so happened to be home and she was talking to her friend who had had a really rough week. We were able to have a lesson with them and at the end the both thanked us for coming right when they needed to hear from us. Another day this week we had a rough day where people didn't want to listen to us, it was finally dinnertime, but we felt like we should keep working for a little bit. We knocked on one final door and the family let us in. Their dad recently had an accident and was in the hospital and was told that he wasn't going to live for very much longer. We had a special lesson with them and helped them understand Gods plan for them and that there is life after this one. They were amazed to hear this wonderful news! and I was so happy to be able to share this moment with them. We also found a man who was sitting on the corner thinking and we decided to talk to him. He said that he had a lot on his mind and he didn't know what to do. We told him about Gods love for him and testified of Jesus Christ. This man, with tears in his eyes, thanked us for speaking to him when he needed to hear from God most. I know without a doubt that God lives, that He sent His son, and that the spirit helps us to be guided and to know what we need to do in our lives! This week has been amazing and I know that everything happens for a reason! I love you all and hope you can listen carefully to the promptings of the spirit this week :)
Con Mucho Amor, 
Hermana Toponce




No comments:

Post a Comment