Monday, February 5, 2018

And My Soul Hungered

So to be honest... this week has been a little difficult. But I have learned a lot from the experiences of this week so all is well. I got really sick this week because my companion went to Iquitos for her leaders council and I stayed with Hermana Gomez and Hermana Melchor in the other area in our zone. When I ate the food that their pensionista prepared I got super sick and my pensionista was so mad! haha but I am a lot better now. Ive only been able to eat chicken soup and crackers all week which is one of the reasons for the title of my email! 

A bird also pooped on my head while we were on our way to church yesterday... haha! We were also running a little late because we were picking up investigators so I had to run into the bathroom and wash my hair real quick. It was hilariously unfortunate. I have changed so much in the mission because if this happened at home Im sure I would have been upset. Oh jungle birds. At least it was a really pretty bird!

The most unfortunate thing, but also the most rewarding is the fact that Junior did not get baptised this Saturday. When my companion got back from Iquitos on Friday we felt the need to visit him to see how he was doing and when we got to his house he looked really troubled. We asked him what happened and he told us that he couldnt be baptised on Saturday because he had broken a commandment. He felt so strongly that he should tell us. The night before I felt that I should send him a scripture to help him and I sent Alma 37 37  and he told us that it was a text message inspired of God because the verse of scripture made him feel the need to pray to God to ask for help. He said that at first he felt super sad about what he had done, but after praying he felt comfort and he knew that he would be able to get baptised after a little more time and preparation. There is nothing like seeing your investigator understand the principal of repentacne. I am so proud of him for having the desire to do what is right, and for having the courage to fix what he had done. I am amazed that the spirit touches our hearts to help us through our trials and touch the hearts of others. I know that God works miracles and I know that Junior is going to be so ready to be baptised. His new date is the 17th of February!!
This experience made me think of Enos when he prayed with all of his might to be forgiven for his sins and how GOd heard his prayer. His soul hungered for his salvation. I know that prayer and fasting help us to be forgiven and help us to recieve miracles! 
Another great thing is that this week I am going to complete 1 WHOLE YEAR IN THE MISSION! I cant even believe it. I know that the church is true. I know that Christ is our savior and that if we turn to him we can find peace in this challenging world.
I love you all tons! Im sending a big warm hug from peru!!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce 
Nos vemos en seis meses ðŸ˜‰






No comments:

Post a Comment