Monday, July 23, 2018

CONVERSO DE ORO

This week the jungle internet is alo pretty bad, but hopefully this email will be a little more detailed than last weeks. haha!

So the best thing that happened this week is that Andy got baptised. He was seriously chosen. He is the son of my convert Lila who lives here in Iquitos. He came to Iquitos from Pucallpa four weeks ago and when he walked into his house we just happened to be there with Lila and when he walked by we asked Lila what his name was and she said Andy, and then she said he didnt want anything to do with the church...i felt that we should at least try and I then called his name really loud and he came running into the family room and we invited him to listen to us. He accepted and thats how it all started. He has progressed so much in these past few weeks and he is reading so much of his book of mormon! He loves it!! He also said he wants to go on a mission! Woohoo!!! I have loved being able to teach him and his family. 
For his baptism he had a funny request... he wanted to be held in the water for a good thirty seconds. He had seen the baptism of his brother and said he was baptised really quickly and he wanted to be able to enjoy being cleansed in the water... and his request was granted. he stayed in the water for just about thirty seconds... and he was so happy! haha.  

This week I was a little sick still and our 98 year old friend Felicita told me about some pebbles from the river that some man sold to her that cured her heart disease... she then told me that she was going to lend me the pebbles and that I had to take the pebble water to be healed. I just wanted to laugh out loud but I couldnt laugh at her because it would be disrepectful and I accepted the pebble water! She is adorable... im pretty sure that the man who sold her the river pebbles just found some rocks outside his house, but at least she thinks they help! I love living in the jungle... it makes me laugh sometimes!! :) 

I am so grateful that I get to be here in Peru teaching the gospel. i have loved it so much and Im looking forward to these last few weeks of my mission. This week is going to be pretty calm, but next week we have zone conference, leaders council, our last dinner with president, and our trainings for after the mission. SO WEIRD!!!

I hope you all have an amazing week! I know that this church is true. I know that it changes lives. The mission is seriously the best thing in the world and I hope you all can have a missionary experience this week. There are So many ways to share the gospel. 

Con Mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce
fotos despues de la mision... lo siento...

photos sent by her companion:


No comments:

Post a Comment