Monday, July 9, 2018

Iquitos Week 2

I have just finished my second week here in Iquitos, and I have learned a lot this week! Heavenly Father had been giving me a few new trials so I can learn more....
This week Ive been pretty sick. I think that after being in one area for six months and then changing afffected my healñth a little bit and on top of that this week we had Leaders concil, my comp got lice, I have an eye injury, and one of the sisters has to go home so I will be in  a trio to end my mission! So much craziness!!! But I am happy to know that President trusts in me to handle all of these new things. Im excited to see how this next week will go with all of these changes. 

The Highlight of my week was definitly Danilo's baptism. He got baptised on Friday night and it was a super special night. I wasnt able ot be in his moms baptism but I got to be there for him and their family was so happy! We all took pictures together and Lila just kept telling me how happy she waws to see her son get baptised. We are also teaching Lilas other son Andy who is 18 and he said he felt a really good felling when he saw his brother enter into thye water and he accepted baptism too!! He is going to be baptised on the 21 of July! He cant wait! I( am so happy that I get to see how the gospel is bglessing the Mendoza Family. It is amazing how much the Lord can do in a year. They are so prepared!

I know that this gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and I know that there isnt a trial I can face that he hasnt gone through before. The Anonement is so powerful and it helps us to change and become better everyday. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and His plan and perfect love of sending His son so that we can all have eternal hapiness and eternal life. The mission hy
as helped me to understand more and more Gods perfect love and I couldnt be more grateful for all of the mmany things I have learned here! I will never have word to express how amazing and life changing a mission is!! 

Ps
One crazy story from this week. I was sitting in sacrament meeting this week and my companion had to give a talk so I was by myslef in the congregation and a piece of the cieling fell and was about to fall directly on my head but something made it change course and it fell on the floor next to me. The whole ward was looking at me as if they had seen and angel and the Patriarch said that he saw the hand of the Lord moving the piece of the cieling so it didnt hit me. Pretty crazy experience but just another testimony that God protects His missionaries!!

I love you all tons. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!! They are helping me see miracles!!

Con Mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce

(There arent any pictures because the internet is slow!!!) 

Natalie didn't send pictures, but the mission home sent some from a leadership meeting





No comments:

Post a Comment