Monday, October 2, 2017

Turtles, Conference, and broken doors

I have had lots of happy things happen this week and Im smiling super big because I know that Heavenly Father loves me and that he loves all of you as well! The gospel is so wonderful. I always feel super happy after watching general conference, but theres something extra special about watching conference in the mission. It made me think about how much has happened in the six months since my first conference in the mission and all that I want to accomplish in the six months until next conference! I was super happy because we had a bunch of less active members that weve been teaching come and Bruno came to conference! He loved it. He was nodding his head in agreement to almost every talk and I could tell that he found it very interesting. Im excited because we have an appointment with him tonight so well see what he thought :) Conference was really special. I loved hearing about the importance of service and accepting Gods will. He really does have a plan for us and it is always so much better than our plans :) 

Sunday morning at five in the morning we had a crazy thing happen. We live in an apartment complext that has five apartments and all of the sudden we heard someone yelling outside, "OPEN THE DOOR" and then start kicking the door. We woke up ad were super scared because we werent sure if it was our door or our neighbors door. It kept going for about ten minutes and then we heard a door break and we had to call the police. Turns out there was a drunk mad that thought he had been locked out of his house because he chose the wrong door. I was terrified! But all is well and he no longer lives in our apartment complex... :)
The world is crazy sometimes! I got to hold a turtle and it seriously didnt want to come out of its shell when I was holding it, I think its because it knows I ate one of its cousins in pucallpa! haha. 

This week we were working really hard to find new people to teach, (updates to come because we've found a few families) and it was super hot. I thought I was going to die, but we kept working anyways because we really wanted to teach! We also ran out of our money because it was the last day of the month and we couldnt buy coca-cola to keep us going, haha it was rough. But later that day wek were teaching a sister named Germany and she offered us Coca-cola! It was such a happy thing! I know that when we are working hard to do Gods work he blesses us. He really is watching over the little details of our lives :) 

I love you all so much! I hope you enjoyed conference! Please apply what youve learned and help everyone know how important this gospel is :) 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Toponce




No comments:

Post a Comment